Here’s a nice bit of info for those of you who haven’t gotten one of last year best games yet. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC. Entertainment have announced the “Game of the Year” edition of Rocksteady Studios Batman: Arkham City, and it’s loaded with extra content.
For starters, the game will come packaged with Harley Quinn’s Revenge, the final piece of DLC for the title. Adding two hours of new gameplay, players will control both Batman and Robin in their quest to face their final foe. In addition to new combat and investigative skills for Robin, players will be treated to all-new environments and Harley’s new gang.
The DLC on disc also includes the Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Bundle Pack, Robin Bundle Pack, Challenge Pack and Arkham City Skins Pack. So buyers will be getting three new characters, seven new challenge maps, and twelve new skins for the Dark Knight.
- Players will be able to play as Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin.
- The Challenge Maps are Wayne Manor, Main Hall, Freight Train, Black Mask, The Joker’s Carnival, Iceberg Long, and Batcave.
- The costumes are the 1970s Batsuit, Year One Batman, The Dark Knight Returns, Earth One Batman, Batman Beyond Batman, Animated Batman, Sinestro Corps Batman, Long Hallowe’en Catwoman, Animated Catwoman, Animated Robin, Red Robin and Animated Nightwing.
That’s a awful lot of content, don’t you think?
For those who op not to buy the game since they own a copy already, don’t fret. Harley Quinn’s Revenge will be available for download on PSN and XBLA.
Here are some new screenshots to help tide things over:
A new trailer for the game is available as well, showcasing all the new content. Check it out below:
Also featured on a number of sites, including Gameinformer, is the horrible box art. Featuring quotes that are bigger than the game’s title itself and nearly covering up Bats himself, you wonder what the hell were they thinking when designing that horrendous cover. They did a similarly bad job with the GOTY edition of Arkham Asylum. Check out the cover below:
Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition will be available for the PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 29, 2012.
What do you guys think? Looking forward to all the new content? Sound off below!
Latest posts by Alexandro Rios (see all)
- The Bug Butcher Review - February 9, 2016
- Take a look at the opening cinematic for Dark Souls III - February 8, 2016
- Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space Review - February 7, 2016