Nintendo has recently revealed more details about upcoming sports game Mario Tennis Open for the Nintendo 3DS. In addition to a number of Mario-inspired tennis games in the Special Games mode, gamers everywhere can connect to friends or enjoy online matches, utilize new StreetPass features and unlock bonus game characters by playing or using QR Codes.
Here is some info on the new gameplay elements:
•Players can compete and team up with other opponents in local wireless matches. They can also build up Open Match standings, check a online leaderboard and win Victory Medals from every challenger they defeat.
•In a new mode called Ink Showdown, series staple Piranha Plants will spit ink balls from the back edge of the court. Players must destroy the ink balls before they splatter, all while hitting tennis balls from an opponent.
• Players can also find some competition using the 3DS’ StreetPass feature. Players can compete in StreetPass Matches or cooperative Ring Shot challenges with computer-controlled versions of people who share their StreetPass winning streak. StreetPass can also be used to show off players’ Miis, and can be customized with new outfits and accessories that can improve on-court performance. By playing continuously, new items for the Miis will be unlocked in the Item Shop.
• New and famous Nintendo characters can be unlocked for use in the game. Gained by either playing or using special QR Codes, a number of characters can be used, including Luma, Baby Mario and Dry Bowser.
Mario Tennis Open will be available May 25, 2012.
Latest posts by Alexandro Rios (see all)
- Blackbeard’s Wrath DLC now available for Assassin’s Creed IV - December 10, 2013
- New Nintendo Network ID unifies eShop wallet account - December 10, 2013
- Go behind the scenes of Sniper Elite III in this new teaser trailer - December 7, 2013