It’s official, Resident Evil 6 has now gone gold! So be ready to pick up the latest installment of the series for PS3 or Xbox 360 on October 2, with the PC release to soon follow. With this news also comes the reveal of Resident Evil.Net’s features, a free online service that will expand the Resident Evil experience and will be available from release date. The features include:
- Comprehensive stat tracking: Enemies killed, Weapons used, Medals earned, and more.
- Compare your game with those of friends and other Resident Evil 6 players around the world.
- Link your status with Twitter & Facebook: Share your achievements with friends and receive alerts when your high score has been beaten.
- A free Smartphone App with support for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Earn RE.Net points just by connecting to the service or entering events. Points can be exchanged for items including additional Mercenaries costumes or figures to place in your very own Resident Evil diorama.
- Compete in regular organized events such as: Teaming up to defeat a certain number of enemies or aiming for the high score in Mercenary Mode.
- And the Champion Belt events: Compete in these special events to earn the Champion’s Belt, which can only be held by one player at a time, so be ready to defend your title.
All these features will be available alongside Resident Evil 6 on release day, October 2, making for a fun fall release with lots of replay value that will likely eat away the hours of your day.