Atari has announced the release date for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D, marking the franchise’s debut of a handheld system. It’s been over a decade since the acclaimed series was first launched, and in that time it has garnered many fans. One can imagine that the chance to finally take RollerCoaster Tycoon on the go is a long awaited one, and they can finally do so on October 16th!
The new 3DS version will contain a slew of new exclusive features.
- A new mode called “Coaster Story,” blending tutorials and park challenges into an entertaining narrative while offering players tons of special unlockable content
- A first-person view for coaster rides, enhanced with the Nintendo 3DS’ 3D capabilities
- Freely customize roller coasters and theme parks with the stylus and touch-screen
- Take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends
- Gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS
- Create and share coasters through StreetPass
- Invite your Mii Plaza friends to your theme park
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D will be released on October 16th for the Nintendo 3DS. Watch the teaser trailer below and let us know how excited you are to finally have your coasters on the go!